October 02, 2009

Versal: officially the best literary mag in A'dam

Last night, Sarah, Jennifer, Shayna and I trekked down to the Stadsschouwburg for the one-year anniversary party of Time Out Amsterdam. Time Out hosted an exclusive party to celebrate its birthday and the nominees of its first-annual "Best of Amsterdam" awards. The crowd was a who's who of Amsterdam's Amsterdam, the people who make the setting which makes it worth living here, and to be honest I was surprised every time I was recognized.

Versal was nominate
d for "best literary magazine", and won. Thanks to everyone who voted for Versal. I shall carry the placard with me to AWP next year. And thanks to the folks at Time Out for continuing to support the city we all moved (in)to. And thanks for the free alcohol last night. We topped it off with some fast food on the Leidsestraat, which we ate with our feet dangling over the Prinsengracht, until is started to rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment